Master of Business Administration program (MBA)
Carleton University's Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is approved by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (from 86-87 academic year) and is delivered on Qeshm Island, Iran, in collaboration with Qeshm Institute of Higher Education related to the Qeshm free zone area.
Just like Carleton University's domestic MBA program, the MBA program in Iran is designed to provide advanced management knowledge and facilitate development of skills in all management disciplines including those required to analyze, think strategically, make sound business decisions and lead. The ideal candidate is an individual who plans to assume a leadership position with internationally competitive organizations and economic institutes.
Our award-winning faculty delivers a challenging program that showcases the latest management tools and best practices, combined with real-world solutions. Courses are focused and practical, taught by instructors with extensive industry experience who apply case studies, hands-on exercises as well as business media and tools.
The Master of Business Administration program (MBA) is taught in English and consists of a 8.5 credits consisting of set of core, concentration and elective courses. All courses are delivered at the management studies center on Qeshm Island over a period of 24 months.
Students are required to achieve a grade of B- or above in each and every course counted towards the degree. Students who do not achieve a minimum grade of B- will be required to retake that course with the following cohort, and pay the associated tuition fee again.
Applications are accepted only once each year and students are admitted as a cohort each year.
Admission to the program is judged primarily on:
• the applicant's ability to successfully undertake advanced studies in business
• the individual's prospects for successful and timely completion of all courses
• work experience, and
• evidence that the applicant can contribute materially to the overall learning experience.
Minimum Requirements for Eligibility
• Four-year / Honours Bachelor degree (145 – 150 units) with grade point average of 14 / 20
• Demonstration of English language proficiency.
• Successful completion of four preparatory courses* with a grade of B or higher
• A minimum of two years professional or management experience**.
* Four preparatory courses taught in English by experienced Iranian professors approved by Carleton University: Economics, Quantitative Methods, Information Technology and Business Communication. These courses will be delivered once for each cohort by Qeshm Institute of Higher Education. Please contact email@example.com for a schedule and associated fees for your potential cohort.
**Applicants who cannot demonstrate a minimum of two years professional or management work experience may be admitted, but will be required to find and successfully complete an approved 16 week internship placement.
Applicants must submit all application documents listed below to the international office of Qeshm Institute of Higher Education in Tehran
1. A copy of first page of the birth certificate
2. A copy of the national card
3. A copy of high school diploma
4. A copy of the pre-university degree
5. 2 copies of the official translation of the undergraduate degree and transcript*
6. A copy of IELTS or TOFEL degree (if available)
7. Recommendation letter obtained from 2 undergraduate professors
8. Three photographs
9. CV including job experiences
10. A certificate confirming job experiences, or completed educational course
11. A copy of the published articles, books, or journals
12. Application fee of 1,500,000 Rial, (cash or money order)
*if the applicant is in his/her last semester, she/he needs to present a letter of enrolment, and transcript from his/her university.
Applications will be examined for academic eligibility, and eligible applicants will then be invited to attend a personal interview (in English) at the international office of Qeshm Institute of Higher Education in Tehran.
Following the interview at the office of the institute in, files of successful candidates will be forwarded to Carleton University for admission review.
Admission is decided by admission committee of Carleton university professors. Committee accepted candidates will be sent a formal offer of admission (pink form) from the Graduate Studies office at Carleton University. These accepted students must then successfully complete the four preparatory courses before they can be registered as Carleton University students.
General Information Regarding the Program
Applicants must submit all application documents listed below to the international The cost of flight to Qeshm and return flight to Tehran in 87-88 academic year, is based on the domestic airlines tariffs.
The cost of staying in the Qeshm Island for two weeks is calculated based on Qeshm Island's tariffs taking into account the subsidies.
Residing in the selected hotels is not compulsory, and should the students wish so, they can use the Island's other living facilities based on their own choice, and taste.
If the students wish to hold group meetings, conference, seminar, and meeting with the officials of free zone area, and Carleton University, they can submit their request to the student assistant, so that it can be planned with necessary coordination.
From time to time, Carleton University will deliver a supplemental program in Ottawa, Canada to allow students to visit their university campus, and gain exposure to North American Business practices.
The cost of round-trip ticket to Canada will be based on the current tariffs, and the cost of accommodation and food at Carleton University will be 1500CD.
After visiting Canada, the students must return to Iran, to complete the remaining courses in Iran (Qeshm Island), so that Carleton University, in coordination with the Qeshm Institute of Higher Education, can issue the graduate degree.
Once registered, the student is obliged to respect the following:
1. Observance of Islamic dignities, and behavioural values governing student community in universities in Iran
2. On time payment of all tuition fees based on the determined timelines
3. On time presence in class
4. Avoidance of behaviours that are not in accordance with conventional norms in classrooms
5. Sincere participation in team assignments
6. On time payment of additional fees such as textbooks, and other educational requirements
7. Students who are absent more than three sessions in any course, will be withdrawn from that course based on the regulations of higher education